Hydrogeologist / Senior Hydrogeologist
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Hydrogeologist / Senior Hydrogeologist to join our contaminated sites assessment research team based in Adelaide, SA.
Your role will include:
- Undertaking contaminated site investigations, including fieldwork planning and implementation, data management and reporting.
- Carrying out modelling to simulate groundwater flow and pollutant transport as part of contamination management.
- Carrying out assigned activities including investigation, assessment, analysis and reporting in accordance with SA and national legislation.
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and working in collaboration with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of projects.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with discipline leaders and clients when required, to ensure effective communication on matters relevant to projects.
- Building a profile with clients and within the industry to keep up-to-date with innovations and developments which will develop innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- A relevant degree in environmental science/engineering, geology/hydrogeology or chemistry, as well as at least 5-7 years demonstrated industry experience working on audited contaminated site investigations in South Australia or other parts of Australia. PhD in the field of groundwater modelling is desirable.
- Experience in field investigations, particularly soil and groundwater sampling, groundwater well installation and drilling supervision.
- Good experience in groundwater modelling software MODFLOW/MT3DMS etc.
- Experience in reporting and data management, including Preliminary Site Investigations, Sampling and Analysis Quality Plans, Detailed Site Investigations, Risk Assessments, Geographical Information Systems, ESDAT and groundwater modelling programs.
- Experience in project management, business development, client management are highly desirable;
- A passion for the contaminated land industry which will translate into professional and positive manner in which you will be able represent CRC CARE. Ability to build relationships both internally and externally coupled with strong communication skills including report writing will be an advantage.
- Ability to operate independently, as well as being a flexible team player are a necessity.
Who are we?
CRC CARE was launched in 2005 as part of the Australian Government's Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Programme and in 2011 successfully bid for a further nine years of funding. The CRC Programme supports industry-led collaborations between industry, researchers and the community. It's a proven model for linking researchers with industry to focus on research and development towards use and commercialisation. With skilled and talented people on-board, we provide major companies and governments across Australia and globally with ground-breaking design, consultancy and engineering.
Why work for us?
You will be part of the National Contaminated Sites Demonstration Program team in winning work for Industrial and government projects across Australia. Recent similar projects include groundwater and soil remediation projects, detailed site investigations contaminated sites. CRC CARE is a national centre of excellence and one of the top three CRCs in Australia for high performance and excellence in delivery.
Please feel free to discuss the role with any of the following:
- Professor Ravi Naidu (0407 720 257)
- Dr Sreenivasulu Chadalavada (02 4921 5201)
- Dr Prashant Srivastava (08 8302 6821)
How to apply
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, apply through seek website.
Last date to apply
The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Please email email@example.com to check if the position is still available.
CRC CARE regularly offers scholarship opportunities.